It is a deep fried sweet dish from Odisha, It can be made with wheat flour (atta) and Maida or with Suji/semolina. Here I am sharing how to do dish with suji. Suji kakara is also another delicacy which is made during Raja. So, here is the recipe:
- Semolina (Suji)-2 cups
- Water-4 cups
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Ghee-2 tsp
- Oil/Ghee-for deep frying
- For Filing
- Finely grated coconut-1 cup
- Jaggery-1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
• Take a wide mouth pan and boil 4 cup of water in this.
• When water starts boiling add salt and sugar.
• Then start adding slowly semolina by continuously steering in this.
• Keep it in low flame and cover it with lid
• Remove the lid after a couple of minute and again steer it.
• Remove the mix in plate and allow it get cool.
• Meanwhile heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
• Add grated coconut and fry till golden brown color.
• Then add cardamom powder and jiggery in this.
• Fry till jiggery gets melted.
• Once the mixture isl well mixed it from heat.
• Now for the Suji mix you need to put 1 tsp ghee in this and knead it nicely when it is little warm.
• Now heat oil/ghee for deep frying in a pan.
• Then equal size of Suji mix and stuff this with coconut mixture.
• Seal the edges with water and give a shape of ball, then flaten it little with the help of your hands.
• Deep fry it in oil ghee.